Happy New Year! Every New Year people collectively make thousands (millions?) of New year Resolutions and evidently only a small percentage keep them. Most of them are related to money, diet and exercise so I am keeping with the trend with all three. The following resolutions are of course all good for you, even fun with a few ideas to stay the course. It will be worth it :
“There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.”
~ C.S. Lewis
New Year Resolutions – About
The Meaning of “Resolution”:
- “a firm decision to do or not to do something
- the action of solving a problem, dispute, or contentious matter”
Statistics from the USA in 2018 indicated:
- Saving money was the #1 resolution closely followed by losing weight
- Approximately half of American adults make a pact to change on New Years Eve
- Statistically only a small number keep them
- Resolutions have evidently been around for many thousands of years
- They are made for personal and religious reasons
- The partying can be blamed on those Romans a couple of centuries ago
- Kissing at midnight was added for several reasons including good luck and “warding off evil spirits”
- And there’s always the Times Square Ball Drop and countdown in New York which started over 100 years ago. Over one million people gather to say goodbye to the Old Year and welcome in the New Year in New York. 1.6 million people attended celebrations at Sydney Harbour, Australia in 2018.
“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.”
~ Albert Einstein
2019 New Year Resolution Suggestions
Here they are. Take your pick:
- Cut out or greatly reduce “added” sugar and processed food
- Eat Real Food and cook most of your food from scratch
- Start a chemical free veggie garden or eat more organic produce. Here is EWGs Clean 15 and Dirty Dozen pesticide in produce lists for 2018
- Walk, laugh more, swim, run, cycle – take up an activity you love to do and will stay with (aka dance lessons)
- Starting with these 6 resolutions – Be proactive with your health &
- Be kind to yourself, and others, if you momentarily have a slip up.
These are all beneficial and life changing resolutions.
“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
There you have it. Your choice of 6 New Years resolutions for a healthy lifestyle. In closing above all be realistic in your choice and number of resolutions and finally – Good Luck and best wishes for Success and a :
HAPPY & HEALTHY NEW YEAR
May The Road
Rise Up To Meet You
(Traditional Gaelic Blessing)
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields
and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.
Links & References
- What you Need to Know About Sugar (2018)
- Reasons to Change to a Low Carb Diet (2018)
- A New Year – and Time for a Change (2017)
- A Special New Year Celebration Meal (2017)
- Happy New Year! Going Green … a look back & a look ahead (2012)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
… and hopefully many will make this their #1 resolution if you need a reason to stop smoking