Baby Recipe #1 is Spelt pancakes for brekkie. Once your baby is one year old (plus), here is a healthy, nutritious breakfast idea to start or continue your baby, eating organic and natural foods. No sugars, additives, preservatives nor bland food ~ spice it up with garlic, onions and herbs. This spelt flour recipe is easy to make and lactose free to start baby’s day; with lots of pancakes left over for a ready-to-eat snack.
Spelt Flour Pancakes Ingredients
- ½ cup Spelt Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon (powder)
- Dash Salt
Mix the above ingredients and add:
- ½ cup Almond Milk *
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla
- Heat pan to medium heat and spoon a large soup spoon amount of the pancake mixture into the pan
- Cook one side until bubbles surface and then flip to cook the other side, until brown.
- This recipe makes up about 12 to 15 mini pancakes.
- Serve with fresh fruit, such as organic blueberries (chopped), bananas and with nut butters (for protein).
- Leftovers make a great snack cold or reheated.
- Almond Milk – only feed almond milk and other nut products to your baby after testing them for allergies
- Here’s an easy home-made idea for almond milk simply :
- Soak one cup of raw organic almonds in water overnight drain and strain and mix with 4 cups of filtered water.
- Mix in a blender for several minutes (4 or 5) until fluid and is the consistency of thick milk.
- This will last in the fridge for 2 days but may also be frozen for use later.
- This meal will give your child lots of energy to get through his or her busy day
Thanks to our grandson (and his Mom!)
for sharing his favourite food recipes with Grandma.