What’s the meaning of Christmas? … Charlie Brown asked Linus this question in a Charles Schulz movie titled “A Charlie Brown Christmas” in 1965. Charlie was fed up with the commercialization around Christmas and asked anyone for an answer to his question and here is what Linus said …
What’s Christmas all about …
This short video extract is based on the Gospel of Luke, Chapter 2 verses 8 – 14:
8. Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields,
Keeping watch over their flock by night.
9. And behold an angel of the Lord stood before them,
and the glory of the Lord shone around them,
and they were greatly afraid.
10. Then the angel said to them,
“Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of
great joy which will be to all people.
11. For there is born to you this day in the City of David a Savior,
who is Christ the Lord.
12. “And this will be the sign to you:
You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.”
13. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude
of the heavenly host praising God and saying:
14. “Glory to God in the highest,
And on earth peace, good will toward men!”
From: The New King James bible
… and that’s what it’s all about Charlie Brown.
With kind thoughts and happiness ~ Liz
Best wishes and joy
during the Christmas Season
& a most happy & healthy 2019.
Links & References:
- The Easter Message
- The Hope of Christmas …
- O Holy night, Christmas carol sung by Josh Groban