2019 was barely underway and Caramel & Parsley’s Twitter feed was overflowing with articles and information on the Low Carbohydrate Lifestyle, health and dieting, weather disasters, massive fish deaths in Australia and the USA was into its third week of government shutdown. What a “blockbuster” start to the year in the first few days … Lots more to tweet about … here is 2019 in review
Interestingly, the top tweet was “Ultra-Processed Food: It’s Not Just What We Eat it’s How It’s Made Articles on obesity, sugar, health and nutrition were of interest including “Diabetes and Diet: There is an Epidemic of Misinformation” from Dr. Aseem Malhotra
Well, February was a most unusual month. The trend continued and in fact this month was an all-time top month since joining Twitter. This was one of the reasons for a record month:
The month of March was another blockbuster month of record breaking tweets.
#1 – “Sugar the single biggest issue in processed food today” Dr Robert Lustig
#2 – Equally as popular was Dr David Unwin’s Low Carb is not just about diabetes. Eat real food & enjoy better health
This tweet was #1 within 24 hours of posting – unbelievable: Sugar is Killing us. 3 minute video
This was another record month from @RobertLustigMD with his classic video “Sugar: The Bitter Truth” which has been watched over 9 million times.
Well, for July it was the tweet : “The Bottom Line on Food Toxicity” an interview (36 min) of Dr. Robert Lustig by Ivor Cummins:
At the end of July, I decided to take a break from my blog for a time … Caramel & Parsley Takes a Sabbatical So any tweets posted for the remainder of 2019 will be “hit & miss”. It’s been another great year for health and well being and here’s a popular tweet from this month “Bladder cancer killed by common cold virus”
September / October 2019 ❤️
November was Diabetes Awareness Month and Dr David Unwin’s articles & videos were the high flyers with the Top 2 retweets:
1. There is hope for remission of Type 2 Diabetes with a healthy Low Carb Lifestyle with Dr David Unwin – Highly informative @lowcarbGP
2. Seven sugar equivalent infograms are great tools & deserve retweets … thanks Dr David Unwin @lowcarbGP
What a great month, and year it has been … and the top tweet was on Anti obesity efforts by Prof Grant Schofield from New Zealand
From a personal perspective the disastrous bushfires in Australia dominated world news from November and continues into January 2020.
In closing …
As mentioned in the introduction, 2019 came in like a roaring lion with tweets in the first three months setting daily, weekly and monthly all time records for the past 8 years. All top tweets were mostly related to health. There were also many more notable tweets all receiving much interest.
THANKS for a fantastic year & very best wishes for a fabulous 2020!
Kindest regards and Good Health
Other Tweets of Interest …
- From Dr Atanas AtanasovResearch on “Does Turmeric have anticancer properties”
- From Dr Lewis Cantley “The #Sugar / Cancer Connection” – short 1 min & 21 seconds video
- & … on the link between #sugar & #cancer Video #2 – a 2 Min #video from Dr. Lewis C Cantley from Weill Cornell Medical College
- How to Grow your Own Superfoods (2019) Caramel & Parsley
- Closing the year with a 20 minute video on “Calcification and Heart Disease Reversal“. Dr Aseem Malhotra interview by Ivor Cummins