REVERSING TYPE 2 Diabetes: A personal letter – “So lovely to speak with you last night and catch up with our news. I am so sorry to hear about your friend and I sincerely hope that some of the following will help her. As I said last night I can only say what has helped me and it has been a proactive ‘search and find’ exercise for me over the last decade. I am so glad to have been able to reverse the ‘prediabetes’ medical diagnosis and maintain the reversal for several years. NO drugs! Happy is an understatement! Here we go:
The Beginning … Type 2 Diabetes
There is so much to share but will start with my #1 GP Dr. David Unwin in the UK. He is one of the leaders globally on the “reversal” of Type 2 Diabetes recently along with another one of my heroes, Dr. Sarah Hallberg.
One of the first articles I wrote about Dr. Unwin is simply a collection of very short 5 min videos in which he ‘explains’ Type 2 Diabetes for doctors. It is very easy for the layperson to understand and I hope a good place to start?
- “Low Carb Lifestyle – Videos for Doctors from Dr. David Unwin” (2020)
- Here are Dr. Unwin’s “Sugar Equivalent Infographics” (2021)
- And why to cut down / out ultra processed food: “What Exactly is Ultra Processed Food?” (NOVA) (2021)
- I used Caramel and Parsley articles because there are many outside additional supporting links with much more information included in most. I will add a list of (some!) of the people I follow to keep up to date
I do not believe this is a “fad” and in fact we are pretty much eating how I was brought up in Australia many decades ago in the “Slim Seventies”. Simply to eat real food. Organic produce for me is a must for some products eg strawberries, which is why today I still grow and preserve organic tomatoes, garlic and kale. Sincerely hope this information helps as Type 2 diabetes may lead to other more serious health concerns such as Metabolic Syndrome. Your friend is very young and I look forward to hearing how she is doing. Please keep me informed.
There is a lot of information here and if you would like to chat or like further specific information please let her know I am most happy to meet her.
Take care ~
PS: Check out the link references by these very qualified people who have helped me to be “the best I can be” and to “Keep Life Simple” &
Links & Additional References:
Chronological Order of my “learning curve”:
- Dr John Yudkin “Pure White & Deadly”
- Introduction to this 1970’s Dr Yudkin’s book by @RobertLustigMD endocrinologist led to “Sugar: The Bitter Truth” by Dr Lustig (2009) 1 hr 30 min video watched almost 20 million times
- “Reversing Type 2 diabetes starts with ignoring the guidelines” with Dr Sarah Hallberg USA Ted Talk (2015) 18 min video (9 million views)
- @DrAseemMalhotra, Cardiologist, UK. I have his two books “The 21 Day Immunity Plan” (2020) and “The Pioppi Diet” (2017) Recommend both
- Dr David Unwin GP UK @lowcarbGP – he has a few youtube videos including “Can we beat T2 Diabetes?” HOPE on the horizon’ (2019) 52 minutes
- I watch and read videos and articles @DietDoctor and @bretscherMD I find this an objective, easy to understand great resource and find answers to my (still) many questions. This is a recent interview of Dr Unwin by Dr Bret Scher 43 min
- Caramel and Parsley – About