Here are my 3 easy tips to staying healthy at any age which sounds like a mouthful of promises but can become a reality in life and is all about being the best we can possibly be where we are in Life at this time. I hope these three easy tips help you to sort out your priorities and contribute to your own health and well-being. This article applies to reasonably healthy and moderately active people without major current health concerns. Read on ...
3 Healthy Living Tips
#1 Know Your Body
- Cough or constantly ill or tired especially if affecting your breathing
- Rapid loss of weight or lack of interest in food
- A new lump or bump that was not there before especially if growing quickly. This is especially true if the lump breaks the skin
#2 Pain is Such a Personal Thing
- Aches and pains from over exertion or physical activity, without restriction should be monitored and should disappear in the short-term
- Sharp pain in abdomen or chest - pain in these areas can have a range of medical causes and should be taken seriously
- If at any time your pain is accompanied by blood especially in phlegm, sputum or bowel movement or urine
#3 Contribute to your Own Well Being
- Lifestyle - this includes a range of topics including giving up smoking cigarettes, reducing alcohol consumption, reducing screen time (watching TV or iPad), get enough sleep and leisure activities
- Diet - this includes maintaining a healthy diet for a balanced body weight & know your BMI (Body Mass Index)
- Exercise - try for half an hour a day examples are swimming, visit gym, walking, gardening, dancing. Lots more to choose from.
These are only a few suggestions as there are many other symptoms which do not necessarily indicate a serious medical symptom but it is important that you contact your physician if the condition continues. Basically these are to prod us to keep proactive in our health, at any age, and always remember:
LIFE isn't about waiting for the storm to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
For faithful followers & readers of Caramel and Parsley most of these words are not new but hopefully a friendly reminder. There are many things you can learn and do for yourself starting with these tips. The ideas are basic and beneficial no matter what your season of Life - embrace every amazing new day with hope, joy and peace. Hoping these few words have inspired and encouraged you to follow through with positive changes in your life. Take care.