When you are travelling through the Kootenays from Spring through Fall there is a great eatery to stop for a “bite” to eat - at Bite, a street vender, on the corner of Baker and Hendryx Streets in downtown Nelson near the Civic Centre. They have the greatest organic wraps and an extensive menu of other chemical free items from local farmers.
Take a Bite
The food portions were generous and we really appreciated the wide variety and high quality of fresh organic food on the menu as well as being reasonably priced. Our family loved the wraps, especially the chicken rosalia with the goat cheese and roasted garlic aioli ~ a big hit ~ and the vegetarian wrap and famous falafel for the vegetarians. They also offer salads and organic burgers and a "wild" salmon burger which we will have to try on our next visit, along with the organic fries and poutine! Hmmmmm, delicious!
We were so impressed the first time we went back the next day. The menu is listed in the link below.
- Bite was given a Kootenay business award in 2009
- Daily hours posted were 11:30 am to 7 pm
- Open seasonally from Spring until “the snow flies in the Fall”!
So remember if you are in the area stop by the trailer for a bite!
- Beautiful Nelson, British Columbia, Canada - a world class skiing destination
- Lots to see and do in the Kootenays all year – a great place to visit
Laughter is brightest where food is best ~Irish Proverb
You found an amazing place!!! LOVE BITE!!