Sometimes it is difficult to know what to say when you know someone has been seriously ill and you have not been in touch for a while. Friends often say they have not called simply because they don't know what to say and are concerned about upsetting me or hearing unpleasant news ...one of the reasons for my blog was to share updates with those near and far away.
So I have decided to briefly update our latest report results with friends and followers and just reiterate a huge thank you to all for your kind thoughts and prayers over the past several years. This week I had my two-year post surgical (lung cancer) appointment with my respirologist.
Lung Cancer follow up
My personal medical report (condensed version)
- There is no noticeable increase in nodules or changes in the lungs during the last year (two years actually)
- PET scan was cancelled and re-scheduled for a low dose, non contrast CT scan within 6 - 8 weeks to confirm no new cancer
- If CT scan confirms last 6 month lung x-ray - next "scan" in one years time
- If years 3, 4 and 5 scans are "clear" i.e. no new or noticeable changes, no follow-up will be required as this type of lung cancer (BAC - now adenocarcinoma) does not usually grow after that
- Chance of cancer recurrence has dropped drastically (to approximately 30%)
- Year 2 is of major significance but year 5 is the multi-million dollar jackpot
- Previous infection in lung has cleared and the surgery scars have healed
I cried with joy after receiving such a positive report which was quite unexpected in its overwhelming positiveness to the point we are perhaps still in a state of "shock".
We are so thankful ~ beyond words. The challenges continue . . . hoping this note encourages you to carry on with whatever you are dealing with in your life today.
PS : A great "uplifter" is receiving a card from a friend with a simple note saying they are thinking of you. Is there someone in your life who could do with some cheering up.
Personal Notes & Links
- This is the best "stress reducer" news
- Yes, I intend to carry on with my "live simply" Lifestyle choices made over the past few years
- The name Bronchioloalveolar cancer (BAC) has been replaced by the name Adenocarcinoma ... a type of non-small cell lung cancer
- Simple explanation of PET scan and CT scan differences
- What is a CTscan
- What is a PET scan
- Best lung cancer blogs of 2014
- Cancer radiation and long-term side effects
- Early lung cancer diagnosis - RAP program
Leave a Reply