For many years Dr Aseem Malhotra has featured in numerous journals, newspapers, social media, etc and now with the continuing global Covid 19 epidemic in 2020 - 2021, his articles are very timely. If this is your first introduction to Dr Malhotra; he is a cardiologist and leading doctor in the UK and very well respected, highly professional and explains complicated subjects so that they are understandable. So it is overdue to put together a few of his recent, as well as memorable articles and videos for easy access.
National Diabetes Statistics Report 2020:
"34.2 million Americans, just over 1 in 10, have diabetes &
88 million American adults, approximately 1 in 3,
have prediabetes (January 2021)
~ CDC Diabetes Report 2020 - USA
"Globally poor diet is responsible for more disease and death than lack of physical activity, smoking and alcohol combined."
~ Dr Aseeem Malhotra "The Pioppi Diet" (Page 26)
Dr Aseem Malhotra, Cardiologist
- "Cardiovascular disease & population health" by Dr Aseem Malhotra (March 2020) article
- "Covid-19 and the Elephant in the room" European Scientist (2020) Article
- "Too much Medicine and the Great Statin Con" article includes 57 minute video of Dr Malhotra (2018) at Public Health Conference, UK
Even if you have a normal Body Mass Index and exercise regularly, consuming too much sugar is associated with significantly increasing
your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes."
~ "The Pioppi Diet" (Page 35)
Metabolic Syndrome, Obesity & Type 2 Diabetes
- "Boosting Immunity Against Corona Virus" (2020) A sensible call to have a balanced lifestyle to avoid disease & maintain good health. A 7 minute video interview
- "Poor metabolic health is a major issue for increased COVID-19 mortality in BAME groups" Dr Malhotra et al (2020) Malhotra, A. ., Kamepalli, R. K., & Bamrah, J. (2020). Perspective: Poor metabolic health is a major issue for increased COVID-19 mortality in BAME groups. The Physician, 6(2). https://doi.org/10.38192/18.104.22.168
and more ...
- "Healthy eating: an NHS priority A sure way to improve health outcomes for NHS staff and the public" Malhotra A, Maruthappu M, Stephenson T. Postgrad Med J 2014;90:671–672. (2014)
- "The truth about fat and sugar is finally explained" by Dr Aseem Malhotra (Article)
The 21-Day Immunity Plan:
'A perfect way to take the first step to transforming your life'
~From the Foreword by Tom Watson
There is a major connection between good health and diet which we have turned away from in the last 50 to 70 years. Hope this article has "whet your appetite" to search for reliable and more up to date information on this topic. As always talk to your own medical professionals before making changes in your diet and lifestyle. Very best wishes for improved health and lifestyle in 2021 ~ Regards Liz
It is with thanks to doctors such as Dr Aseem Malhotra, Dr David Unwin, Dr Robert Lustig, and others that the subject of treating the global epidemics of heart disease, obesity, Type 2 Diabetes and other associated diseases is gaining interest and positive results and ultimately saving and extending many people's lives. ~ Liz
Links & References
- "The impact of Dietary Changes in the Current Context of Modern Medicine" presentation Dr Malhotra in 2019 (48 minute video)
- "Cardiologist Aseem Malhotra slams Government Dietary Advice in Parliamentary Speech" presentation to the UK Parliament (2019) (30 min Video)
- "It is time to bust the myth of physical inactivity and obesity: you cannot outrun a bad diet" by A. Malhotra, T. Noakes, S. Phinney, BMJ (2016)
- "The True Cause of Heart Disease" conversation with Dr Aseem Malhotra and Dr Mark Hyman (2016) 46 min video
- "Saturated fat does not clog the arteries: coronary heart disease is a chronic inflammatory condition, the risk of which can be effectively reduced from healthy lifestyle interventions" by Dr Aseem Malhotra et al, BMJ (2016)
- "Good health Doesn't come out of a Medicine Bottle" by Dr Aseem Malhotra (Article)
- Book: "21 Day Immunity Plan" by Dr Aseem Malhotra, Yellow Kite Books, (2020)
- Book: "The Pioppi Diet" by Dr Aseem Malhotra and Donal O'Neill, Penguin Books, 2017
- Additional information on Dr Aseem Malhotra
OTHER LINKS & INFORMATION:
- "Sugar Equivalent Information" (January, 2021) Caramel and Parsley
- "What Exactly is Ultra Processed Food?" (January, 2021) CAP
- Dr John Yudkin's book "Pure White & Deadly" - How Sugar is Killing Us (1972) CAP
- Caramel and Parsley Disclaimer
"The good physician treats the disease;
the great physician treats the patient
who has the disease."
~ Sir William Osler (1849 - 1919)
Here are the metabolic markers courtesy Dr Aseem Malhotra's new book “The 21-Day Immunity Plan” (2020). Check yourself out: