What is the Low Carbohydrate Lifestyle and Diet ? Recently when chatting with a friend with regard to her success and happiness with the Low Carbohydrate diet, we discussed how many people are not aware of the different choices to change their life. By changing what they eat and other lifestyle options they can improve their health with Type 2 diabetes in remission, and reduce or perhaps eliminate prescription drugs. There are connections to sugar and cancer and other diseases as well. It seemed remarkable that health can be improved by simply changing what they eat. If you or someone you love has Type 2 Diabetes or other health concerns - please forward this information so they have a choice and hope.
"Eating too much sugar can
definitely increase the probability of cancer
and also make the outcome of people
who already have cancers worse."
~ Dr. Lewis Cantley, PhD
The linked articles and videos were posted in March of this year. Some articles are new and others not so much, with the bulk of the information from medical practitioners, health specialists or from scientific studies and research information. March was such a unique month for Caramel and Parsley (Twitter). The very high volume of interest was mostly in the health area, specifically in Low Carbohydrate diets and lifestyle. I have listed many, but not all, of the March, 2019 high interest tweets, most of which were also retweeted in April. This article is in response for information and links on this topic. Hope you find what you are looking for.
1: There is no physiological requirement for sugar; and
2: If only a small fraction of what is already known
about the effects of sugar were to be revealed
in relation to any other material used as a food additive,
that material would promptly be banned"
~Dr John Yudkin - "Pure White & Deadly" (Pg. 2 & 3)
- Cancer research: obesity diabetes and cancer and the ketogenic diet connection - Dr Lewis Cantley (30 min video)
- Health: Study: Only 12% of American adults are metabolically healthy
- Low Carb is not just about diabetes. Eat Real Food & enjoy better health @DrDavidUnwin
- What is NAFLD? aka Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. It is related to risk of stroke - "The Toxic Truth" from University of California
- Sugar & Cancer: a surprise connection ... ? 50 years ago ...
- “The best kind of diet for a person with COPD is the Keto diet,” says Lung Association
- UK: A new case of Type 2 diabetes every 3 minutes
- Study: Link between sugary drinks & Colon Cancer
- 30 min Video: "The Science of Reversing Type 2 Diabetes with a Low Carbohydrate Diet" presentation by - Dr Aseem Malhora to the UK Parliament last week
I avoid sugar when I can"
~ Dr Lewis Cantley, PhD
More Low Carbohydrate Tweets
- "Why I want to drop dead healthy & I probably will" by Dr Asseem Malhotra
- A short 5 min video on the health benefits of a Low Carb & Low sugar diet & reversing Type 2 diabetes - Dr Aseem Malhotra
- Dr David Unwin Explains the Low Carb Diet in a Simple Way - a 7 minute video
- A top tweet well worth a read: "Sugar is the Real Problem not Fat" - Dr Aseem Malhotra
- A classic: Have you seen Dr Sarah Hallberg's TED talk (18 min - 2015) on "Reversing Type 2 Diabetes starts with ignoring the guidelines" watched by 4.4Million
- Up to date information on the Truth about Cholesterol & Keeping your Heart Healthy. Be informed & be well
- More on #sugar ... "The Secrets of Sugar - the fifth estate" Easy to understand information about sugar, our food and diseases 41 min video
In Closing ...
This article covers a wide range of health topics from obesity, diabetes, cancer, sugar, low carbohydrate diets, etc. There were many more tweets in the past few months on this trending topic but hope you found an article of interest and benefit to you and your family. Time for a change of direction and a difference ...
Best of health and happiness ~
LIFE isn't about
waiting for the storm to pass ...
It's about learning
To dance in the rain.
More Low Carb Links & References
- Cancer Researcher Dr Lewis Cantley: "Increasing evidence of a strong connection between sugar & cancer".
- "The Sugar-Cancer Connection" Dr Lewis Cantley, PhD Meyer Cancer Clinic, Weill Cornell Medical College. 1:21 minute video
- Cancer Research: Recent information on various cancer discoveries & treatments ... "#Ketogenic diet may boost targeted cancer therapy" (2018)
- Sugar features in this 13 min video "Processed Food: An Experiment that Failed" by Prof. Robert Lustig (2015)
- More information & links from CAP (2018) on processed food, sugar, health & the low carb lifestyle
Leave a Reply