Here is information on how you too can be proactive in your own life with regard to your diet, health and lifestyle:
~ Dr John Yudkin "Pure White & Deadly"
What Sugar Is Not:
- It is not a nutrient
- It is not a necessity to support a healthy life
- ... but it is a sweet, tasty and addictive ingredient which is causing havoc with human health. "How Sugar Affects the Brain" a short video from The University of California
The latest first ...
May 11, 2018: NEWS: A new sugar tax to wipe out the diabetes epidemic in London in 3 years. Thanks to Dr. Aseem Malhotra, Dr. Robert Lustig, Jamie Oliver and many others. A new beginning for a more healthy lifestyle for many, especially children.
April 12, 2018: Dr Aseem Malhotra along with several eminent guests made an eye-opening presentation to the European Parliament covering topics from added sugars to diabetes, heart disease and cancer
~Dr John Yudkin, "Pure White & Deadly"
The low-fat lifestyle has not added to our global health but in fact the opposite. As always do your research, and change what you can. There are no known negative side effects to following a Mediterranean diet lifestyle including fats with no added sugar and low carbohydrates.
~ Dr Robert Lustig, Endocrinologist, University of California San Francisco
... is there a cure for cancer?
Yes, good health is the best prescription for preventing chronic diseases including cancer."
Quote from Dr. Lisa Richardson, Oncologist,
CDC (The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, USA)
I hope, whatever your circumstances, you will be encouraged to read the articles and watch some of the videos and ... more to the point, follow through on some of the information which you feel will benefit you and your family's health. You will be amazed at the positive lifestyle and health benefits after switching to a Healthier Lifestyle.
You be the judge. Best wishes ~ Liz
Links & Reference
- "Are all Calories the Same", Dr. Robert Lustig, Endocrinologist, University of California, 2017, 4 min. video
- "Report: Ultra Processed Foods in Canada. See "The Trouble with Ultra Processed Food" Heart & Stroke Foundation, 2017
- "Type 2 Diabetes is 'Processed Food Disease'" Video 30 min. by Dr. Lustig, 2017
- Finding the Truth about our Diets including saturated fats - a conversation between Dr Aseem Malhotra & Dr. Mark Hyman, 2018
- Processed Food - an Experiment that Failed JAMA, Dr. Lustig, 2017
- Article: Ultra-processed foods and added sugars in the US diet, BMJ, 2016
"We also provide new evidence that ultra processed foods represent more than half of all calories in the US diet, and contribute nearly 90% of all added sugars."
- Global Economic Burden of Diabetes in Adults: Projections From 2015 to 2030
- "Treat Sugar Like Tobacco ..." by Dr Aseem Malhotra, Cardiologist, 2016
Links before 2015
- "Reversing Type 2 Diabetes" by Dr. Sarah Hallberg, 2015, video
- "It is time to bust the myth of physical inactivity and obesity: you cannot outrun a bad diet" by A. Malhotra, T. Noakes, S. Phinney, 2015
- Obese Children’s Health Rapidly Improves With Sugar Reduction Unrelated to Calories, by J. Bunim, UCSF, 2015
- Sugar - the Elephant in the Kitchen" Dr. Robert Lustig, 2013
- "Sugar, The Bitter Truth", Dr. Robert Lustig, 2009, Video
For more information and questions contact:
Dr. Lustig at http://www.robertlustig.com/faq/
and Dr. Aseem Malhotra at http://doctoraseem.com/
Caramel & Parsley articles:
- "What About Sugar"
- Almost 10 years ago, our family doctor suggested we cut our: white sugar, white rice, white pasta for health reasons
- Disclaimer: Caramel & Parsley
The information contained in this blog is based on personal opinion and experiences and is not to be misconstrued in any way as health care advice but is provided for interest and hopefully learning purposes. Always seek qualified medical care and guidance if you think you have a health concern.
Leave a Reply