Quick and easy dinners to make sounds too good to be true... but these have been tested over the years and are still popular. Besides these three there are many other options, and some much simpler, such as a quick "4 Egg Scramble" which you can make on the run. The three following recipes have been used often ... Enjoy!
#1 - Greek style Feta & Spinach Quiche
One of the reasons this is so good is that it easily serves four people; or two people, with "left overs" for the next day. This recipe is first as it is the most reasonably priced as there is no meat included in the ingredients. If you wish to add some sliced salami, or cooked mince, or even some chopped cooked bacon, feel free. A "go to" recipe when I don't necessarily feel like making a meal. Greek Style Feta Quiche - Success every time!
#2 - Turkey Burgers ~ just the way you like them
These are great, with or without a bun as we often enjoy our burgers wrapped in lettuce. We like our burger patties cooked on the BBQ but these burgers are great cooked in the oven or fry pan as well. Your choice. Plus add whatever you like to your cooked burger before serving, ie:
- Sliced tomato
- A cooked egg
- Cheese slice(s)
- Greens, eg lettuce
- Onions, raw or cooked
- Mushrooms, cooked
- Of course, sliced cooked beetroot
- & whatever else your heart desires! Like a fried egg ...
As it says in the CaP article "That’s it! No tricks ~ just short and simple ~ made from scratch Real Food."
#3 - Chicken Cacciatore
This Cacciatore is by far the "oldest" recipe in my small library and another family 'favourite'. Perhaps it is not the quickest but for me very delicious and always worth the time and great to serve to family and friends for any occasion. For a cost saving, chicken thighs and drumsticks could be used (with or without the meat taken from the bone). Here's the Recipe for Tasty Chicken Cacciatore - Easy to make at Home
There you have it! A few more recipes for you to try for your family and friends. There are, I know, other options for a quick snack, healthy on the run meal such as:
(1) Scrambled Eggs, alone or with veggies;
(2) Stir Frys are another simple meal, but usually involves a bit of extra time for chopping veggies; of course
(3) the BBQ is great to cook many meals from roasts to burgers. Always try to cook your meals from fresh and wholesome vegetables and fruits and avoid ultra-processed foods with lots of additives and sugars as much as possible, especially for young children.
Best wishes as you try out healthy and simple meals for you and your family ~ Liz
Links & References:
- "Type 2 Diabetes Is "Processed Food Disease" Interview with Dr Robert Lustig (2018) 31 min video
- "Reversing Type 2 Diabetes starts with ignoring the guidelines" Dr Sarah Hallberg (2016)
Caramel and Parsley: